On February 14-15, 2014 the governance committee of the Institute of Augustinian Spirituality met in Rome...
On February 14-15, 2014 the governance committee of the Institute of Augustinian Spirituality met in Rome. This committee was created after the General Chapter of 2013.
The Committee consists of :
* Luis Marin of San Martin (Chair), province of Spain
* Joseph Farrell (Vice Chair) , Villanova Province
* Robert J. Guessetto (Secretary) , Villanova Province
* Pasquale Cormio (Treasurer ), province of Italy
* Luis Guzmán Pérez, province of Michoacán
* Jude Ossai, province of Nigeria
* Alexander Palliparambil, province Philippines
The committee decided to create an international group of collaborators, whose names will be presented to the Prior General for appointment. The committee also analyzed the tasks entrusted to the Institute by the General Chapter and those laid down by the statutes of the Institute. It established a detailed program for the next six years (courses , publications, activities) which may occur either on a general or regional level. A web page for the Institute will be created as a means of information dissemination and exchange. Possible opportunities for collaborations with other Commissions of the Order was also discussed.
All of these initiatives, as well as the activity of the Institute will be publicized in greater detail.