The Union of Augustinian Friars of Africa (UAFA) was officially inaugurated on the 2nd of February 2012. This initiative follows a meeting of the Augustinian Superiors in Africa chaired by Prior General Fr. Robert Prevost.
The circumscriptions partcipatinng in the Union are: Nigeria, Algeria, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Objectives of UAFA
- To foster closer collaboration among male African Augustinian circumscriptions while maintaining connection with the Augustinian Federation of Africa (AFA);
- To initiate dialogue with other structures of the Order and with the General Curia;
- To appoint animators to facilitate common programs;
- To seek solutions to common problems;
- To encourage mutual support in terms of personnel among circumscriptions;
- To promote common formation (both initial and ongoing);
- To work together on common projects;
- To procure material and financial among circumscriptions;