III Lay Augustinian Congress
" On the way with St. Augustine:
Being the Body of Christ
for the World Today "
Roma 11-17 July 2012
Those invited to the Congress are the Group Coordinators of Augustinian Laity in each circumscription of the Order. They will create a network of participation and of close collaboration among the various expressions of Augustinian laity throughout the world.
WEDNESDAY 11 JULY
- Afternoon arrival in Rome
- Registration at the Welcoming desk of the Congress, and direction to accommodations
- Opening of Congress: Dinner, informal meeting, prayer and presentations
THURSDAY 12 JULY
- Morning: First speaker MONS. Giovanni SCANAVINO. Workshops
- Afternoon: Round table on THE FAMILY. Workshops
FRIDAY 13TH JULY
- Morning: Second speaker DR Joseph T. KELLEY. Workshops
- Afternoon: Round Table on YOUTH. Workshops
SATURDAY 14TH JULY
- EXCURSION TO CASCIA/MONTEFALCO
SUNDAY 15TH JULY
- Morning: Mass at Sant'Agostino presided by Fr Robert Prevost, Prior General.
Free time in Rome
- Afternoon: Round Table on LAY AUGUSTINIANS. Workshops
MONDAY 16TH JULY
- Morning: Mass at Sant'Anna.
Meeting of FAS. For all the others, meetings of the language groups in view of proposals for the final assembly.
- Afternoon: Synthesis of work accomplished, proposals for the future, method of choosing coordinators from the five global regions and their task, final document.
TUESDAY 17TH JULY
- The Congress will be held at the Institutum Patristicum Augustinianum, Via Paolo VI, 25 - 00193 Roma.
- Lodging will be in religious institutes and hotels in the vicinity of the Congress in single or double rooms.
- Accommodations will be booked from 11th July afternoon to 17th July morning
- After registration at the Augustinianum, the greeters at the reception area will accompany the participants to their specific accommodations.
- Lunch: all the participants together in a religious institute close to the Augustinianum. Dinner will be in the University gardens.
- Participation fee is € 620 (for a single room supplementary charge of € 100) or, € 300 without lodging and breakfast , and is to be given to the Superior of one’s circumscription
- Participants who can afford are invited to offer a contribution in favour of those participants who have a difficulty in financing the entire tuition.
- The fees paid are inclusive of dinner on the 11th of July to breakfast on the 17th of July (excluding lunch on Sunday)
- At the point of subscribing, more information will be provided including more details on the programme and the related logistics.
To arrive at the Augustinianum from the Airport in Fiumicino one needs to take the train or the bus to Stazione Termini. From Stazione Termini one needs to take the bus No 64 and get off at the Cavalleggeri bus stop. For more information please visit the website www.augustinians.net
You can download the registration form here: Registration Form 2012
The subscription to the Congress must be forwarded not later than the 1st of May, 2012 to the following:
Fr. Luciano De Michieli (Italiano)
Patricia e Gabriel Williams (Español)
Anne Grech (English)