began in 1905 as the official means for information and culture about the Order of Hermit Brothers of Saint Augustine. As from the year 1956, when the Acta Ordinis Eremitarum Sancti Augustini was founded – later renamed Acta Ordinis Eremitarum Sancti Augustini. Commentarium Officiale (vol. V,1) and from 1963 Acta Ordinis Sancti Augustini. Commentarium Officiale (vol. VIII, n.1) – it is considered as an exclusively cultural journal, dedicated in particular way to the history of the Augustinian Order, and to the study of the life and works of its illustrious members and the thought of its doctors.
After the death of Fr. Juan José Vallejo Penedo OSA, former Director of journal, in Madrid (Spain) on the 8th of June 2010, the Prior General of the Order of Saint Augustine, Fr. Robert F. Prevost OSA, and his Council, on the 20th of January 2011, have entrusted the editorial direction of the journal to Fr. Rocco Ronzani OSA and Fr. Josef Sciberras OSA.
The journal's style guidelines as PDF-file for download (58kb):