OSA

Order of Saint Augustine

"Anima una et cor unum in Deum!" (Regula)

Menu
Thought of Saint Augustine
You see creation; love the Author of these marvels. Attach yourself to the one who is essential. Love the Creator!
It is night while this life is lived. And when is this night illuminated? It is lighted when Christ descends to the night. He took the flesh of this generation and our night received the light.
(En. in ps. 138,14)
The faithful know that it is the Body of Christ if they don't neglect to be the Body of Christ. May they become the Body of Christ if they want to live of the Spirit of Christ.
From the General Council
Sites

A Project of Hope in Northern Nigeria


Jos - Nigeria
February 2013

The Augustinian Vocational Centre in Katako Jos was officially launched on February 26, 2013. The Centre is an initiative of the Order of Saint Augustine and the NGO APURIMAC ONLUS NIGERIA on behalf of the Hausa community. Already 208 women and young people have been enrolled to receive training in various skills such as tailoring, computer technology, knitting and shoe-making. 70% of the youth enrolled are between the ages of 18 and 35 and the remaining 30% are men and women 35 to 48 years of age. Training sessions, which are held five days a week over a five month period, must in some cases be conducted in both morning and evening sessions due to the high number of applicants.

Taking part in the dedication ceremony were the Chief Imam of the Platea State Central Mosque; Sheik Balarabe Dau'd Professor Nelson Ochekpe as representative of the Italian Ambassador and Fr. John Abubakar OSA, Prior Provincial of Nigeria, as well as many guests, NGO members, private corporations which have lent their support to the project, Plateau State Government Officials, and Hausa leaders.

This initiative, which assists predominantly Muslim women through training for various professions, is seen as a significant bridge-building project that will promote peace and greater understanding among the Christians and Muslims of Northern Nigeria.

© Copyright 2011-2015 - Order of Saint Augustine - Contact us - Last updated: Jul 03, 2015 - Site is powered by CMS Made Simple

Disclaimer: The links on this site have been carefully reviewed and selected. The Augustinian Order has no control over these listed sites, any changes or additions made to their content, or links to other sites that they may contain. For that reason, we cannot completely guarantee the reliability, appropriateness or theological orthodoxy of the total contents of these sites. Additionally, inclusion on this site does not imply endorsement of any product or service that may be offered for sale or advertised on these sites.